In response to a broadening need for quality software and technical support from non-profits and other public-facing organizations, NPFI has decided to expand its mission and staff. This expanded mission will:
- Widen the client group to include non-profit, for-profit, and public organizations, and
- Broaden the CO-FOSS definition so that a single HFOSS project/product can both serve several clients, and span several semesters
Successful examples of this broader mission and vision include FarmData, Homebase, and OED.
To achieve this expansion, NPFI is being reorganized to:
- Provide free/affordable hosting for all project clients — current and future
- Provide technical support (bug fixing and adding new features) for all hosted products — current and future.
- Add a part-time Project Coordinator and a part-time Technologist to its staff:
We welcome Grant Braught into the new role of Project Coordinator — he understands the various existing HFOSS projects and products hosted by NPFI, and will be on the lookout for new candidates for future NPFI hosting and technical support.
For the new role of Technologist, we are recruiting for a professional who is familiar with HFOSS development, deployment, hosting, and technical support. More information about this new role can be found here.
Finally, this initiative will require that we seek support from a major hosting company to provide server space, database support, a cPanel interface, and other tools needed by the technologist to use while providing NPFI hosting support.
Please feel free to send any suggestions about this new initiative to Allen Tucker. Thank you!