Are you a non-profit organization that has an outmoded or cumbersome mission-critical clerical task, such as volunteer scheduling, inventory management, or donation tracking? Do you have software that you don’t use because it is too cumbersome, costly, or poorly-fitted to your task?
NPFI can help.
NPFI will work with you to develop a software product that addresses that mission-critical task.
- We will provide examples of what other NPFI products have accomplished for other non-profits.
- We will work with you to develop a customized requirements document for new software.
- We will provide advice on the trade-offs between a student-developed software product and an NPFI-developed product for meeting that task.
- We will guide the development of that product by either:
- Co-ordinating the project with a student development team at a local college or university, or
- Completing the project ourselves by adapting an existing product, such as Homebase.
- We will assist with installation of the software on the non-profit’s server or website.
- All our work is pro bono.
The product of this effort is free and open source software, owned by the non-profit under a GNU General Public License. The software will be installed by a professional developer on the non-profit’s server or website. As needed, NPFI will help find a local software developer if the non-profit does not already have one managing its website.
- View details of non-profit participation in a student-developed product
- View results of past software projects
- View demo of Homebase, our volunteer scheduling and database product
- A customized free and open source software product that directly supports the non-profit mission
- Ongoing support for maintaining that software from a local developer
- A great “good news” story for the non-profit’s donor community