NPFI was founded in 2013 with the mission of supporting the development and deployment of customized free and open source software for non-profits by students and professional software developers. NPFI’s Advisory Board members are active and experienced instructors, non-profit representatives, and professional software developers who support this mission.
- Allen Tucker, President – Allen is Professor of Computer Science Emeritus at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, ME. Since “retiring” in 2008, he has developed teaching strategies, taught classes, and provided ongoing support for open source software that is customized to fit the needs of individual non-profit organizations. Bio Sketch, Resume
- Jennifer Tucker, Executive Director – Jennifer (Jenny) is currently a government manager in Washington, D.C. She has more than 20 years of experience in management consulting, leadership and team development, communications, information technology project management, and training.
- Meg Tucker, Vice President – Since retiring from teaching elementary and junior high school for over 25 years, Meg has been volunteering for a number of non-profits in both Maine and South Carolina, especially the Ronald McDonald House and the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- Jim Bowring, Professor — College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
- Grant Braught, Professor — Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Trishan de Lanerolle, Software Developer — Linux Foundation, New York, NY
- Steve Huss-Lederman, Professor — Beloit College, Beloit, WI
- Greg Hislop, Professor — Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Bonnie MacKellar, Professor — St John’s University, New York, NY
- Abby Mackness, Software Developer — MorphoTrust, Washington, DC
- Craig McEwen, Professor Emeritus — Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- Alicia Milne, Development Director— Ronald McDonald House Charities, ME
- Ralph Morelli, Professor Emeritus — Trinity College, Hartford, CT
- Long Nguyen, President and CEO — Pragmatics, Inc., Reston, VA
- Lili Coleman, Executive Director — Second Helpings, Inc., Hilton Head Island, SC
- Mihaela Sabin, Professor — University of New Hampshire, Manchester, NH
- Dave Tripp, Software Developer— Artopa, Inc., Portland, ME
- Nanqi You, Software Developer— Walla Walla Web Weavers LLC, Walla Walla, WA