The Non-Profit FOSS Institute (NPFI) is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports the development of customized free and open source software (FOSS) applications to fit the needs of individual non-profits and other organizations.
Many of these applications are developed by college-level student teams. Since deployment, they have been supported by NPFI and/or a professional software company. NPFI’s unique approach thus contributes to the inventory of software that is freely available for adaptation and reuse. Several examples of such software and the organizations they serve are listed below.
- Volunteer Scheduling Software
- Ronald McDonald Houses in Portland and Bangor, ME, and
- Ronald McDonald Houses in Providence, RI, and Boston, MA
- Room Scheduling Software
- Ronald McDonald Houses in Portland and Bangor, ME
- Food Rescue Software
- Second Helpings, Inc in Beaufort County, SC
- Farm Management Software
- Spiral Path Farm in Loysville, PA
- Tenmile Farm Foundation in Dover Plains, NY